I will start us off with my quick post of top reads from 2010. I've tried to pick books we didn't all read anyway--titles you may not have picked up on my enthusiasm via goodreads on a less than articulate day! So, in no particular order, here we go:
1. Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny
It's the sixth in a series, but I only read #5 before this and was wowed by Penny's magnificent, twisting plot.
2. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
Was the 2010 Newbery winner.
3. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
Seems like I read it longer ago...The Help was on everyone's list, but I liked this Southern tale.
4. The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley
Flavia, her bike, her lab and her sisters continue to make these fabulous.
5. The Cardturner by Louis Sachar.
He did it again, this time involving bridge.
6. Scout, Atticus and Boo by Mary M. Murphy
Happy 50th Scout.
7. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Giving the vamps a run for the money and bringing back Southern gothic.
8. Stay by Allie Larkin
Great way to pass the time.
9. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Still find myself thinking about various aspects of the French Revolution.
10. The Poacher's Son by Paul Dioron
I don't see my goodreads review...could I have missed one? This was a great story set in a remote part of Maine about a son and his father, a very complex relationship.
And of course, I can't forget my foray into Scandinavian crime thrillers! It looks like it will continue this year. I have a new one called Three Seconds and a new (to us) Harry Hole already on reserve at the library!