Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Days

Happy Back to School to you professor types! I hope you have great classes this fall. The weather, still sultry this morning, gave way to beautiful cool, fall air after a huge storm system went through midday.

From the other side, we got S. moved in at the U last week and J. hits the high school this year as a freshman. I get a giggle out of having two freshman, the kids don't really find it as amusing.

And keeping it fertile, you should see the tomato plants. Full and heavy with round green tomatos. I almost dread the day (and you know it will be all at once) when they all turn ripe and I have to drop everything and can salsa for my dear hubby. Hmm. I guess I need a little of that warm summer air back.

2 comments:

julienj said...

Phew! Survived the first week of school. Everything happens all at once here, since not only did A and T start on Tuesday, but I had to run orientation, placement tests, meet with all my students individually, and teach my first classes this week! No catastrophes yet, though I've had very little time to read despite my extra train time.

I'm jealous of your tomatoes! We've had a few nice ones, but the plants never bounced back from the deer attack, and once again we won't have nearly enough to can. Our cucumbers, though, have been producing very nicely.

crossons said...

My tomatoes are almost done, sadly.... except the plant that has tomatoes I don't really like. Green beans are done, and we're just waiting to pick the little Boo pumpkins.

Made a great batch of salsa last week with Farmer's Market tomatoes. Not as good as what we made back on Emerson those many years ago, but tasty nonetheless - and WAY less work!