Friday, July 27, 2007

And we're off!

We hatched this idea for a blog about books.... and now we're going to add gardens, too! Thanks to the co-author for the fabulous title.

And it is perhaps fitting that we can start things off with our friends at Hogwarts- only not yet!! I am saving the book to read this weekend at the lake, so hopefully upon my return we can discuss it. So far, I have successfully avoided spoilers, but I know it won't last. Plus I'd like to discuss while the topic is fresh with everyone. I'll let you know when I'm done. I'm greatly relieved to hear my blog co-author is pleased with the outcome....

As for this weekend, I am going to finish listening to Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde in the car. It was a very enjoyable way to speed up my trip last weekend, and I'm looking forward to finishing it. Lots of details in it that I had forgotten, and one part that went over my head when I read it. At one point, Thursday is doing something with Humpty Dumpty. She mentions that she can never tell his neck from his waist. I know, I know where that's from! It's from Alice in Wonderland..... M did the play last fall, so I know the script well. It's a scene straight from Alice. One more detail that shows Mr. Fforde is smart. And fun to read.

1 comment:

Amy Adams said...

Have you read Fforde's Nursery Crimes novels yet? The Big Over Easy--was Humpty Dumpty pushed? The Fourth Bear--there is a thermal inconsistency in the porridges. Was there a Fourth Bear?

I'm about halfway through the latests Thursday Next--First Among Sequels. It's a pity, but Fforde's book tour doesn't bring him anywhere near here!