Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm Reading as Fast as I Can!!!

First, I cannot believe J. know what books she read xx years ago in the hot house. So THAT'S what you were doing instead of cleaning the baseboards, huh??? :-)

Just how do you remember all those books? I'm awfully impressed. I have a horrible time when my bookclub at work does their December meeting where everybody has to say their favorite non-bookclub book they read that year! I truly have a hard time remembering! Maybe this blog will help.....

And on to Hogwarts.... I have to admit, I dug into it hesitantly. Do you get the Sally Forth comic strip? (by a Minnesotan, by the way) Last week, the teen-age daughter Hillary was having a breakdown because it was over...the LAST Harry Potter book...whatever will she do? I realize I was feeling the exact same way. I was so hesitant to pick it up, because that meant it was all over.

But, pick it up I did. I figure I'm going to have a hard time avoiding spoilers for much longer (which I have done quick successfully so far) and that it would be fun to discuss it while the discussions were fresh. So, up to the cabin I went - where I read them as they've come out, starting with Goblet of Fire. I quick finished HBP, then, slowly, hesitantly, tiptoed into it. I was so lucky to be able to read it in my all time favorite reading spot - the HAMMOCK! Should've had someone take a picture of me....

I'm almost done, but not quite. It's stressful!!! I had to take breaks every few chapters! and then I ran out of time.... so hopefully in the next few days. Then, we can break loose! Thanks for being patient, J.!!

No comments: