Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Airport Reading

So, here I sit in O'Hare, on my way to Montreal. Jenny - can you come visit me?? :-) I'm stuck because of the American Airlines thing they are doing - guess you can't argue with inspecting planes, huh? Flight was still on schedule when I left Mpls, but by the time I landed in Chicago, they had canceled. I am rescheduled for a flight at 7:50, (landed here at 11:45) so I have a few moments to kill.

So, of course I head for the bookstore. One of my guilty pleasures is to buy magazines and a book or two when I fly. Picked up Real Simple, Dwell and Minneapolis/SaintPaul magazines. I was intrigued by a book, "Loving Frank." So, I bought it. Go to enter it into my Goodreads, and lo and behold, it's in my To Read shelf!!! Funny how that happens. I've got plenty of time to get started, I guess!

We'll see if I can come up with more witty blog postings while I'm sitting here... if my laptop battery holds.

At least it's sunny here in Chicago. we haven't seen sun in days. I do finally have crocuses blooming. I think they just got tired of waiting!

Oh - Montreal. Means I can get HP7 in French!!! As appealing as that sounds, it is not the primary reason for my travels. I'm going to a conference - Museums & the Web. A great conference full of geeky hip IT web people....

3 comments:

holdenj said...

I heard about the American delays today at work. I read "Loving Frank" last year, hope you like it too!

Have fun in Montreal!

julienj said...

Poor S! We were just talking about the delays at breakfast - E is heading for Chicago (where he'll give a talk and see Jenny) this weekend, so we were wondering whether things would calm down by Saturday.

I have bought the same book multiple times because I have forgotten that it's on my "to-read" shelf, so I know what it's like to have the vague idea of something sounding good/familiar but not sure why. In the frenzy of book-buying (and I do most of mine at the library sale, which really is a frenzy), I tend to buy first, ask questions later.

Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly!

Doc Jen said...

Ah S. If I had checked FP yesterday, I would have jetted out to meet you. I certainly was not in the mood for work. :)

I hope you eventually got where you needed to go.

DJ