Monday, April 7, 2008

Library sale

It was the library book sale this weekend, and as usual I got there early on the first day to get in line. It seems like there are more book dealers every year, and now some of them have hand-held scanners that they use as they stand by the tables. This year there were fewer books than usual - I guess fewer donations. I bought a bunch of things for A and T, and only ended up with four things for me. Considering that I still have a pile of 10 books from the fall sale, I guess that's not too disappointing.

My purchases:

My Year of Meats, Ruth Ozeki
Fast Food Nation, Eric Schlosser
Tender at the Bone, Ruth Reichl
P.S. I Love You, Cecelia Ahern

3 comments:

holdenj said...

I missed our spring sale this year, as it was Saturday as well! I was still in sunny Mexico! I found a couple things last fall that are still waiting to be read, plus the ever growing line-up at the library reserve list.

I always liked picking out stuff for the kids when they were younger, because it they didn't love them, it was OK. My big find several years ago was an old BHG red style cookbook, in great shape, the kind my mom had gotten when they got married in the late fifties.

julienj said...

I can imagine your thrill at finding the cookbook! Every so often I find something I've really wanted for a long time, but mostly it's a matter of seeing something and thinking, "oh, I've been interested in reading that." It's usually something I could easily request from the library, but haven't thought to do so, so it's not something at the top of my to-read list. But it's all cheap enough that it's worth it to pick it up, and I can always donate it back for the next library sale!

crossons said...

I love library book sales!!! I'll have to check when ours is. We have a new Half Price Books by our house. It's not as cheap or for a good cause as the library sale, but I still have a hard time resisting....