Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lightning Round!

It's just been too long. I was thinking about all my old childhood summer faves while digging through the library bag.
Ready? Go!

Favorite Laura Ingalls Wilder:
The Long Winter
Favorite BTT:
Betsy and Joe
Favorite Anne book:
Anne of the Island (I wanted to live at Patty's Place)
Favorite Nancy Drew:
Password to Larkspur Lane
Favorite Phyllis Whitney YA mystery:
Mystery on the Isle of Skye
Favorite Trixie Belden:
The Secret of the Mansion
(they find Jim, how can you not like it?)

It was always so easy to head to my bookshelf or library and reread my summer away! Now, as I dig through the aforementioned library bag, there are too many good new books to spend much time re-reading!

4 comments:

julienj said...

I think that The Long Winter was a major contributor to my need for having large quantities of canned goods in the house, no matter what the season.

My favorite LIW, though, was These Happy Golden Years. I loved reading about Almanzo courting Laura. My least favorite was Farmer Boy, but it's funny - I read the series aloud to Alex a few years ago, and it was one of my favorites this time. I loved all the descriptions of the foods.

holdenj said...

If I was pressed for time while re-reading the series, I admit I always skipped Farmer Boy back then!
And I know what you mean about the food...I can't tell you how often I think about grinding wheat when I use my coffee grinder!

julienj said...

We tried maple syrup on oatmeal because of Farmer Boy...very yummy!

crossons said...

I think you two have much better memories than I do. I reread that series so many times, but I don't think I could tell you a favorite!