Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Author's Lists

Since we've been doing this little blog and keeping our virtual lists on goodreads.com, I found it interesting to look through an author's book list!

While researching discussion questions for tomorrow's work book club meeting on The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, (which I read 4 months ago and will have a very hard time remembering the fabulous details that make this book sing...yikes) I ran across Ayelet Waldman's website. She has a very interesting list of books she's reading. In case I ever run out of ideas, huh???

I do frequent Laurie R. King's blog, but that's about it for author sites. Anyone have any favorite author sites?

2 comments:

holdenj said...

Very interesting once again. I have checked author sites occasionally, usually to see when a new book is supposed to come out. Boy, Ayelet reads a lot and it could explain why I have to wait so long between Mommy Track mysteries! And the Laurie King site was very interesting--I wonder what the deal is with Bouchercon and why they'd have it in Anchorage! I'm pretty sure I've not read any King, what would be something good to get started?

crossons said...

Oh - it's dangerous to get me started on Laurie King!! I've always been afraid to recommend her books in book clubs because I couldn't bear it if someone didn't like them! I finally did, and while a couple people didn't really like it, I converted two others. They thoroughly enjoyed the Mary Russell series.

Your question is easy - only one place to start: The Beekeeper's Apprentice. This is the start of the Mary Russel series.

Other series is the Kate Martinelli. Very different, but also good. This one starts with A Grave Talent.

I've not enjoyed the stand alones, except Califia's Daughters....

Let me know how you like them if you try them!