Monday, January 14, 2008

Marking the spot

My friend K, (the one in NE that was so excited about goodreads but has yet to sign up as my friend!), dropped a book in the mail the day after we spoke. I'm reading Nineteen Minutes now, it was a previous book group pick from a few months ago. She had lent it to another friend before sending it to me.

Well, using my great skills of observation, it turns out one of them is a small fold in the corner dog-ear place marker and the other seems to be one of those folks who puts that corner all the way down on the line they stopped on.

I always use a bookmark of some sort. Always have. My guess is we're all one way or the other.....

1 comment:

julienj said...

Purposely bending a page seems like sacrilege to me! I'm definitely in the bookmark camp. My library uses little slips of card-stock paper with the due date stamped on them, then slipped into a pocket in the back of the book. I tell them that they're not necessary - I keep a computer printout of my books on the side of the fridge - but somehow I always have a bunch of these little 1" x 4" cards around.

BTW, I'll be interested to hear what you think of Nineteen Minutes. I didn't like it as much as some of her other books, but it might be because I read too many too close together, and they started to seem formulaic.