Friday, September 25, 2009

Art imitates life

After the premiere of Castle the other night, I went to the ABC website, because I thought EW had mentioned different authors than Connelly and the ubiquitous Cannell that showed up at the poker table. I was right and wrong, I think I had remembered a mention of Patterson from the first season. However, imagine my surprise when I learned you can read chapters of the new Nikki Heat novel, Heat Wave for free at ABC.com. They have 7 chapters ready to go!
Being the inquisitive sort, I followed the information about purchasing said book and discovered it will be released next week! (Amazon was cheaper than the ABC link, of course!) What a great marketing crossover tool for the folks at ABC and Castle.
Now, if I could just figure out if NF will be going out doing author signings as Richard Castle. Maybe he'd sign J's Dr. Horrible DVD too...

4 comments:

Doc Jen said...

I have to say that Castle is growing on me. At first, I was just watching it for NF scenery alone (read the phone book and all that) but it's getting tighter and I love the relationship between Castle and his daughter. It's a bit like The Mentalist. It's fun. It could be better but it's still fun.

Speaking of Dr. Horrible, did you read the article about NPH in Entertainment Weekly?

I'll have to check out the Nicki Heat chapters. Is Rick Castle supposed to be the author? (I bet J.D. Robb is penning it in her spare time).

holdenj said...

Yes, we enjoyed the NPH article too. And the Emmy's.

Cindy said...

Yep there is more than just the one book by Simone. Theres also a 3rd coming out next month. they all sound good! I love the idea of the third one the most!

Cindy said...

PS I Love Castle!