Sunday, September 13, 2009

Borrowing Posts

The Hobbled Runner has been snapping pictures of my garden for me. I think I'll just send you all over there to see the pictures...

Rain garden: I'm still obsessed with my rain garden - and had to extend it this year. (See photo) I had bigger plans, but there are too many tree roots in the area. So, it's just a small addition. Planted more Northern Blue Flag Iris, Culver's Root, Blue Lobelia and Goat's Beard.

Anuals: Other post is of the annual section of the garden. Some of my favorite plants are "volunteers" - things I didn't plant, or planted years ago that keep self-seeding - sometimes quite far from the original plant! Guess I better not enter the contest to identify the plants, but happy to let you know what any of them are.

Fun part is wondering what will come back next year!

3 comments:

holdenj said...

Looks great, as always! Can't believe how dry it's gotten again. Looks like there may finally be rain early next week?
I love it when I get those surprise flowers, whether by poor deadheading last year or a bird!

Cindy said...

Hey! Please come reenter my contest!

julienj said...

Beautiful garden! I wish I had your touch...