Monday, June 8, 2009

I love my library!

So, I'm about halfway through my free Erec Rex book, and it's great - Harry Potteresque, but not at all a pale imitation. I'll post a full review on Goodreads when I'm done. Today I stopped by the library (to pick up the 5th Percy Jackson book, yeah!) and told the librarian about Erec Rex, and how surprised I was to find out that there is only one copy of the first book in the seriesin the county system, and the second in the series isn't in the county system at all. A few keystrokes later, they had ordered a copy of each, plus pre-ordered the third book, coming out later this month. Isn't that great??

5 comments:

holdenj said...

I'm glad that they take so many of their patron's comments to heart and order it on the spot. It sounds like a great system.

Doc Jen said...

It's nice to hear of a new series and so great that your library is willing to order it.

On the "i luv my library front," the CLC library will interlibrary loan pretty much anything and I've been tracking down a lot of books that way. I made the mistake of ordering too many at once and now I'm trying to read fast.

julienj said...

Our local library is a smallish branch of a larger system, so I have to request a large percentage of the books I want to read. Luckily, they have the same 3-week loan period as material from our branch (unless they're new fiction, which are 2-week...strangely, new YA stuff is still 3-week).

crossons said...

You should tell Goodreads that story! I think that's what the Firstreads thing is all about.

thanks for the recommendation - -we're looking for some good summer reads for kids.

julienj said...

I also posted my review on Powell's...hoping to get another gift certificate there, too...