Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Day of Perspective

A posting off our intended topics, but one that should bring us all to pause and appreciate all that we have.

The Twin Cities has been dealing with something "that doesn't happen here." But it did. The collapse of the 35W bridge over the Mississippi has profoundly shaken my world. Fortunately, no one that I know personally was hurt, but I do know people who were near the bridge, and so many people I know use that bridge frequently. We used the bridge regularly - it was the route of choice for trips to downtown Minneapolis and choir rehearsals; Children's Theater/MIA adventures; and the "Over the River" trips to both grandparent homes. The bridge had a beautiful view of downtown Minneapolis. I'd quiz the kids - what building is that? They loved to pick out the new Guthrie, Mill City Museum and the Stone Arch Bridge. And now the bridge is gone. And I could have easily been on the bridge.

Stop and take a few minutes to appreciate all you have.

No comments: