Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Mischief Managed!

It's done. I finished it. No more new Harry! Ever!!!

So, let the discussions begin!

I agree with J. I was highly satisfied with the resolution. I went through my share of kleenexes on the way there, and admit that I had to stop from time to time throughout the book as I found it very intense. I should've known better than to finish it at night right before going to sleep -- it took quite awhile to stop processing it and just fall asleep. Ahh...but knowing the resolution was reassuring.

Did you know that the "continuity editor" of the HP series at Scholastic is a Carleton grad? Significantly younger than us, but you can read her blog - it's quite interesting. SPOILER ALERT, however, if you chose to take that link. Scroll to the July 26 posting - great links to interviews with Ms. Rowling, where she tells all!! And, I see, there is potential for MORE Harry to come!!

I find I'm not quite ready to discuss. Isn't that odd? J - would you like to start?

2 comments:

Amy Adams said...

I LOVED Deathly Hallows. There is no way to express how satisfying it was--it was long; so I could sink into it, it was fast moving; mortal peril by chapter 4! Snape at Voldie's right hand in chapter 1! We got to see a little bit of everybody; Professor Trelawny dropping crystal balls on Death Eaters!

Some things were so powerful that JKR didn't even show them, they were left to our imagination; George finding Fred after the Battle at Hogwarts--how much did we all bawl at that? Lupin and Tonks?

And the promise that the wizarding world gets to have the luxury of normalcy, where people grow up, get married, have kids, and get to do the unglamorous and profoundly NORMAL work of parenting.

LOVED it. I'm listening to Jim Dale read it to me for about the third time already.

P.S.--Congrats on your blog!

crossons said...

Oh, thanks for your comments, "cate!" I totally agree with you!! We are overdue for a lunch...maybe we need a Deathly Hallows lunch!