Saturday, August 11, 2007

Laurie R. King VBC

I believe I mentioned Laurie R. King in a recent post, and today have come across a mention of a Virtual Book Club for her titles. Pretty nifty. I've been on a listserv for the Mary Russell series for a couple of years, and it has been very entertaining. I have enjoyed reading the posts and analysis from readers all over the world, and have also really enjoyed getting recommendations of other books to read.

Looks like there is a new Laurie King book coming out this year, titled, Touchstone. (link is to her blog about the book....) It is not a Mary Russell or Kate Martinelli book, however. Oh well. I am hopeful - it sounds interesting. I admit I have not enjoyed a couple of her stand alone titles - Folly, A Darker Place. I did really enjoy Califia's Daughter's , though.

I will be absent from this blog for a few days -- we are heading to the Black Hills. I just hope it's not 100 degrees all week! I have picked up Holes by Louis Sachar, and The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler to take along as audio books for our trip. Should be fun!

No comments: